Highlighted

Illustrator CC 2020 being glitchy & slow on Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Illustrator CC 2020. Each time I open Illustrator and use any of the tools, it becomes automatically slow and glitchy. It barely allows me to move text or artboards. I have tried restarting my computer and fixing the Performance in the program's settings. I do not have the GPU Performance turned on.

My Operating System is Windows 10 Version 1903. I'm using a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx, with the Intel processor i7 and 16GB RAM. My system type is 64-bit.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi Sabrina,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please update Illustrator, OS, and GPU to the latest version and see if that is improving the performance. You do not need to turn off the GPU performance.

If you still have performance issues, try creating a new user account on the machine and see if it helps. Please follow instructions on help article https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account to know how to create new user on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator CC 2020 being glitchy & slow on Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Illustrator CC 2020. Each time I open Illustrator and use any of the tools, it becomes automatically slow and glitchy. It barely allows me to move text or artboards. I have tried restarting my computer and fixing the Performance in the program's settings. I do not have the GPU Performance turned on.

My Operating System is Windows 10 Version 1903. I'm using a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx, with the Intel processor i7 and 16GB RAM. My system type is 64-bit.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi Sabrina,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please update Illustrator, OS, and GPU to the latest version and see if that is improving the performance. You do not need to turn off the GPU performance.

If you still have performance issues, try creating a new user account on the machine and see if it helps. Please follow instructions on help article https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account to know how to create new user on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabrina,

If you still have performance issues, try creating a new user account on the machine and see if it helps. Please follow instructions on help article https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc... to know how to create new user on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines