Highlighted

Illustrator CC 2020 Keeps Crashing on Windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator keeps crashing on simple tasks. The file isn't large, not doing anything taxing on the program. The computer is new and more than able to handle it and the program is up to date.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator CC 2020 Keeps Crashing on Windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator keeps crashing on simple tasks. The file isn't large, not doing anything taxing on the program. The computer is new and more than able to handle it and the program is up to date.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the same as my issue but my 'Creative Cloud App' kills the battery on my laptop. It's using 38% battery power over the week.

Are you logging into the Creative Cloud app to run the programme?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm logged into the Creative Cloud app but I don't normally have it running. Illustrator itself will just freeze for a moment before crashing while doing something like creating a shape. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue and i have a HP 
Spectre that is the  top of the line model  i just purchased three months ago. Illustrator keeps crashing on me for the smallest tasks as well and its starting to really annoy me. My problems seemed to have started right after downloading the newest update a couple weeks ago, when did yours start? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problems started yesterday and I did recently update my Illustartor as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please make sure you have Windows 10 & GPU updated to the latest version. I'd also request to follow the instructions below and see if they help to improve the performance of the app:

1. Reset Preferences:  

-Close all Adobe applications.  

-Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  

-Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old  

-Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.  

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

1. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator. 

1.  If that doesn't help either, login to Hidden Admin account (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbMs3w-Z3s&t=53s). Check how the application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

This video shows how to enable the hidden administrator account on Windows 10. This works for Windows 8 and 7 seven as well. Here is the command to enable th...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0