• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2020 - Menus go black and stop working everyday about 3 pm on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to only one of our 10 - Windows 10 machines running Adobe Illustrator 2020. It was happening on his old machine running Windows 7 and now on this new machine, it is still happening. This new machine is working in Illustrator CC 2020 all day and around 3 pm every workday, the dropdown menus in Illustrator go black and we cannot save, or complete the sketch. We have to restart Illustrator in order to keep working. We have run all the current Microsoft updates and Adobe CC Updates. We have cleared all cache, disk clean up, etc. We are not sure what is happening with this machine. Looking to your forum for your advice on this one. Thank you. katc60712215

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there,

Thanks for reaching out. This is really an unusual behavior from the app.

Have you checked if any Antivirus Scan or any other specific task is scheduled to run about that time?
I'd also recommend you to try resetting the preferences once. You may follow the steps below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings. 

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, yes I did this yesterday and it happened again today at 3:00 pm. Also, my system administrator verified that his back up runs at 4:00 pm. so I hope you have another trick up your sleeve to see what I can try next. I also have a video of what it is doing if that will help. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on a network? I suspect something on your network is happening around 3, like a backup or virus scan. As a test, copy the file to your desktop before 3 and see if you still have problems. I'm guessing there is a network setting on that PC that needs to be adjusted.

You could also ask your IT person to set the backup to 3AM (if that proves to be the problem).

You could also try turning off all plug-ins, as a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, Yes we are on a network, and I verified with my administrator that the back up actually is scheduled for 4:00 pm.   And he has no plug-ins running it is just straight illustrator. And yes it happened again today at 3:00 pm and yesterday at 2:35 pm.  So I hope you have another trick up your sleeve to see what I can try next. I also have a video of what it is doing if that will help. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad there is a post for this situation. This similiar scenario has been happing to me as well. However, I use a MacBook Pro.

Often the screen freezes which forces me to restart the comuter by pressing on the power button.

Usually I save my work after 20 minutes to prepare for this crash. In the middle of my design. The dropdown menus do go blank/black and sometimes parts of the screen goes black. I have no choice but to shut down my computer to reopen.

This has been happing since Adobe Illustrator 2020. I think also happened on Adobe Photoshop 2020.

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing here, it's still happening to me 1 year later.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines