• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2020 wont open even after permissions changed!

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated all of my Adobe CC programs and now Illustrator won't open. It says permissions need to be changed to read and write. I did that and still won't open. Anyone else has this issue or know how to fix it? I already restarted my MacBook. I'm on a MacBook pro retina mid-2012 and running macOS Catalina version 10.15.4

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like this is more of an OS and user permissions issue - files for Adobe inside the Library may need permission repair (Catalina is a BEAR for this kind of thing). Try this thread. Maybe it'll help: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251304255

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, I may need to chat with an Adobe rep to help me with this issue... I am not savvy enough to figure the technical side out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines