Illustrator cc 2021 not enough memory in windows

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have switched from a HP Notebook 17-Y012nr AMD A8 processor with 16 gigs of ram with a integrated radion graphics... I have created a lot using my HP but when I switched to my Dell Inspiron 7506 2 in 1 with i7 11gen with 16gigs of ram that also has a optane SSD which utilizes 32 gigs of ram of its own... My system should not be slow or having memory issues like this while utilizing illustrator... I load files I created on the HP which might I add was slow to open but I could actually work with the files but  with the Dell it loads them up fast which is great but I can not move them or anything without getting a memory issue... While this is going on I can also access other programs with ease... Sounds like my illustrator is limited on how much ram it can utilize and this only happens when filters are applied which I cant do anything after they are there... I have to shut down illustrator and reopen and there is a window enough after I load the file that I can change the filters to off before it has a memory issue... I have seen passed post online with similar issues and steps to correct it but this steps are ineffective... Please any help is much appreciated because I know I didn't buy a paper weight...

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thorough manual Preferences reset windows:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Location : C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator XX Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator XX Settings folders.old
  • Launch Illustrator from CC.

Increase available memory

Virtual memory lets you use hard disk space to store information normally stored in RAM. But it takes longer to access information on a hard disk than it does to access information in memory. So, it can decrease performance if your system has to rely too heavily on virtual memory.

To increase performance, choose the right size for your paging file (the area of the hard drive that stores virtual memory). Administrator rights are required to change the paging file size. Illustrator performs best when the paging file's maximum size is about three times the amount of installed RAM.

Quit all apps.

Choose Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings.

In the System Properties dialog box, choose the Advanced tab.

Click Settings in the Performance section, and then choose the Advanced tab.

In the Virtual Memory section, click Change.

Clear the Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Drives check box.

From the Drive list, select a hard drive that has at least three times the amount of your computer's installed RAM. For example, if your computer has 64 MB of RAM, select a hard drive that has at least 192 MB of free space. For best performance, choose a hard drive not used for the Illustrator scratch disk.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have tried both and still have issues. I seen adding a secondary plugins and scratch disk destination might work but I tried adding C: to the secondary like the primary and still the same errors...

2B0D7652-F8C7-4321-894D-AD7D11FDA2FA.jpeg0FC9D958-FF97-41DA-BA97-36DC41D15C25.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok how I fixed the issue so far is I put the plugin and scratch disk to external drive along with Virtual memory paging file... I did something with the layer panels which reduced the images on the layers panel and from just doing those things I no longer get memory issues which I still feel shouldn't of be happening when the filters I am utilizing are not extensive... Clearing the setting folders didn't really accomplish anything 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines