• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2021 SDK build error C5208

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using the Illustrator CC 2021 and I am trying to build the HelloWorld plug in for Windows based on the instructions in the Getting Started Guide. I think I have followed the instructions properly, but when I build the project I get 3 errors; all of which are C5208 referencing the ALColor.h file. I am new to the Illustrator SDK, or any SDK for that matter, so forgive me if it is something trivial and silly.

Thanks, and any help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

C5208 seems to be a warning rather than an error. See if your project has "treat warning as error" enabled, if yes disable it and then try to compile. You can disable this warning as well, see the following article for more details. Also, do make sure that you are using the correct version of Visual Studio as recommended in the SDK.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/error-messages/compiler-warnings/c5208?view=msvc-160

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

As per the getting started guide the path for the module definition file should be ..\common\win\PluginMain.def and your error shows it to be just common\win\PluginMain.def. Notice the missing ..\ in the path. Can you confirm that you have the correct path set? To be doubly sure replace the relative path with the full absolute path of the file and then try

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C5208 seems to be a warning rather than an error. See if your project has "treat warning as error" enabled, if yes disable it and then try to compile. You can disable this warning as well, see the following article for more details. Also, do make sure that you are using the correct version of Visual Studio as recommended in the SDK.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/error-messages/compiler-warnings/c5208?view=msvc-160

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Manan. I was able to bipass the 3 C5208 errors. Now when I build the project, I get a LNK1104 error: unable to open file 'common/win/PluginMain.def'. This seems like a simple file and I double and tripple checked the link in the Configuration Properties > Linker > Input > Module Definition File. Agian, I appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the getting started guide the path for the module definition file should be ..\common\win\PluginMain.def and your error shows it to be just common\win\PluginMain.def. Notice the missing ..\ in the path. Can you confirm that you have the correct path set? To be doubly sure replace the relative path with the full absolute path of the file and then try

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I am back at this HelloWorld plug-in using the Illustrator 2021 SDK. When i build, the error I am getting now is: "RC2135 file not found: plugin.pipl". When following the getting started instructions, the Pipl Framework section shows an example for an annotator plug-in, which I assumed I had to modify to point to my HelloWorld plug-in. But perhaps I did it wrong. I also downloaded Python version 3.7 as indicated in the documentation. What am I doind wrong here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines