Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 24.2 Still crashing after Mac goes to sleep. Catalina

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully loaded 2019 Macbook Pro 16"

Same problem as before.  Put computer to sleep. Illustrator crashed when log back in the next morning. 

Says it got fixed in this update, but no go here.

Frustration continues.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know that there are countless threads on Apple's forums about this exact issue with all kinds of apps, right?

It might just be that your system is tripping over its own feet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, out of all my apps this is the only one that's giving me trouble, and unfortunately the one I use the most. 

Not sure about this 24.2, but any version prior to this one, it crashed at least twice a day and sometimes without a file restore, so in my books this app has lots to improve.

Instead of pointing fingers at the OS, Adobe should try to solve the problem. 

Funny how this version said it fixed the issue after sleep, and it obviously didn't work for all OS,  and now the fixed issues are not listed any more. Hmmm

When you pay premium prices for software you'd expect it to work. 

That's all I'm saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care - they can have a look inside your system:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MacBook Pro 16 crashes Illustrator 24.2.1 when Catalina 10.15.6 goes to screen saver mode or sleep or lid closes and reopens quickly. Upon wake AI has crash report shwoing. This has been happening for all AI 2020 versions and through 3 or 4 OS updates. I have submitted numerous crash reports for months, uploaded log files to support two days back and have had ongoing crashes often several daily. No reply from Adobe or no response to hours of chat waits asking for this question to be reviewed. Very frustrated and seeing since 2019 many issues of similar saying resolved. I do not have Automatic graphics switching checked. I do not have hard disks going to sleep now. When working in Ai I am being trained to never leave my desk for fear of screen saver starting and losing work. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines