Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC Crashes on Launch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm having trouble running Illustrator CC. After downloading it from Creative Cloud, it launches properly (I see the splash screen), and then after about a second or two, it crashes ("Adobe Illustrator CC has stopped working..."). No other Adobe products have this issue - Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, etc. all run fine, it's only Illustrator. It happens when I run the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I thought maybe the installation was corrupted so I uninstalled Illustrator, restarted the computer a few times, and then reinstalled, but I'm still running into this. I've also tried signing in and out of Creative Cloud, per other help threads I've found.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB ram, 3.4 GHz Intel i7 processor.

Let me know if I can provide any further information - any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually uninstalled and reinstalled off Adobe Cloud and seems to be working now ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you fixed illustrator? as I'm have a nightmare Wish i hadn't down loaded 10.10.3 yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hullo. Your problem is not Yosemite.

In the end I actually gave remote control of my computer to a tech support person who went into my user library and extracted some Wacom bits Since then Illustrator has by and large been fine.

I get the occasional hang if I double click a file instead of doing File>Open, but apart from that Illustrator now works the way it should.

BTW, I also get these occasional hangs in InDesign too.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Paul George

digital graffiti

paul@digitalgraffiti.com.au

www.digitalgraffiti.com.au

03 6261 2772

0409 172 411

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to replay back to ozpaul but rather contribute an individual post on this thread but I'm unclear on how to do this so here goes...

Here's what worked for me. I quit Chrome before opening Illustrator. I don't understand it but I've tested it many times and when ever Chrome is open on my Machine Illustrator crashes on me. Closing Chrome and then opening Illustrator has my Illustrator working just fine and without any crashes.

Good luck to everyone. I hope it works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there i, using mac lion 10.7.2,

but somehow when i open adobe illustrator cs 5 always crash, hung and then not responding.

any idea about this ?

note : i have to reinstall, uninstall and using cleaner but not work, delete adobe pref still doesnt

Date/Time:   2016-01-06 05:10:36 +0700
OS Version:  10.7.2 (Build 11C74)
Architecture: x86_64
Report Version:  9

Crash Report: https://pastebin.com/Sdpx9BnS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but somehow when i open adobe illustrator cs 5 always crash, hung and then not responding.

any idea about this ?

note : i have to reinstall, uninstall and using cleaner but not work, delete adobe pref still doesnt

Crash report: https://pastebin.com/pLHTJ0Fa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any idea about this ?

Crash Report: https://pastebin.com/ad0JCuMd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't ever add this hang data to a thread again. It really messes up the use of the post to get things done. Post the hang data to a something like pastebin.com and put a link here. That said there could be a number of problems. Try updating your OS to 10.7.5 which is the last version of Lion. Then uninstall all your Adobe apps, run the Cleaner tool (google it, works for all CS3+) and finally reinstall everything. Make sure your permissions are set properly. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to Illustrator crashes hard with Windows 10. After a few hours with Adobe support remote accessing my computer, the issue could not be resolved and the only thing that could be done to still be able to use illustrator was to:

1) Uninstall Illustrator

2) Install a previous version through the creative cloud app.

I tried every other suggestion on this forum, and so did tech support. the quickest and easiest fix is to revert to a previous version of Illustrator so you can get back to work. I'm just going to wait until Adobe addresses the problem before I update again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Have been debugging with Adobe support team, who has remote controlled my Windows 10 computer and much more, without finding the cause yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Roy, Please don't do what I did.  I used the CC Cleaner Tool and it messed up some of the permissions to let CC desktop app work.  Has taken me 3 days to figure this out. I was having the same problem on a windows 7 professional machine when I came across this video.  Seems that most people are having trouble getting the CC desktop app to work correctly.  Even though he is using a mac the same names apply to pc that I found.  Here's the link: Fix Adobe CC (Creative Cloud) - Download Error (Mac) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problem similar to that in Illustrator CC 2015. I found the problem solution.
You should delete the fonts from control panel which start with symbols for example "(something)". It starts with brackets. Just leave the fonts which can start "_" symbol or starting with number or letter. After that you should restart your computer.
This kind of deletions helped me to solve the problem.
Maybe it will be helpful for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to anyone having this problem with nvidia graphics card (mine is 1060) go to the nvidia setting panel in control panel  and set the graphics to integrated vs nvidia ....... Sad that this is happening four years down the road but here we are.sad illustrator.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the onboard GPU and two aftermarket GPU's.  After installing a GPU in my system, Illustrator would crash; the only remedy I've ever found useful is going into Device Manager and disabling the onboard GPU.  I just yesterday added another aftermarket GPU resulting in Illustrator crashing on startup...again, the fix was disabling the onboard GPU again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have suddenly been having this issue and changed the settings in the NVidia CP that basically lets the applications control the 3D settings.  Now Illustrator works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, disabe graphics cards or display adapters, because there is no graphics card in the device manager but I in fact do have a beefy graphics card.  I'm not sure to disable it because it might be risky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines