Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC - horrible performance on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am getting huge lacks (f.e. when zooming) in Adobe Illustrator CC, version 24.2.1 running on Windows 10. Illustrator is also unstable and crashes quite often. I have tried switchting from GPU render to CPU render which is helping a little bit, but performance is still very bad. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this? 

Here are my specs: 
Intel core i7-5820K, 3.3 GHz, 32 GB Ram (running at quite slow 2000Mhz only), NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080, SSD 

Are these specs too bad in order to get Illustrator working properly?

I have already tried to update everything: latest OS version, latest driver version, latest CC version. Any help is very appreciated.  

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graphic card has collected some fame in this forum for doing just that.

Also: it's not on the list of compatible cards.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so it is definitely an issue with the GPU? could you suggest one which works fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no official endorsement of one graphic card over the other.

You could check out the list of compatible cards, select a few that you like and then ask the forum for experiences.

On top of that: GPU acceleration is a tricky thing that has to work between the card, its driver, the system and Illustrator. If one item gets an  update, it might completely smash everything. Graphic cards get a lot of updates, systems as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well the problem here for me is that the supported cards not even mentioning the GeForce 10xx series, I dont really want to downgrade my GPU - would a Quadro card be better for Illustrator? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might first try going to the NVIDA website and check for new drivers for your card. See if that helps.

Just checked the website, there's a new driver for your card dated Jun 24, 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

already tried that, didnt help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines