Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC starts up but shuts down immediately

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a problem with Illustrator CC. I have installed it and it will open, but then it shuts down almost immediately and Windows says that the program has stopped working. I have tried un-installing it and the re-installing it, but this didn't work. I also tried using the Adobe Cloud cleaning tool, un-installing all of my Adobe software and re installing it, but that doesn't seem to have helped. I don't really know what to do now. This is on my laptop runing Windows 7. I haven't tried to install any of the new software on my Mac yet, and I am not sure I have the confidence to do so. I can't afford the time to be without functioning software Adobe!

Help!

Thanks in advance,

Tom Redfern.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you try signing out of the Creative Cloud app and the sign back in.

see http://forums.adobe.com/message/5419292

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikrant,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried that a couple of times, and it hasn't helped. I just installed the Illustrator update but that hasn't helped either. Any other ideas?

Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reach Puneet posted this in another discussion group.  Possibly related to your problem with Illustrator.

3rd point looks most promissing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

20 Jun, 2013 8:24 AM in reply to pcepp  

I found a solution that worked for me.

I removed all the fonts that Adobe CC installed out of my Library:Fonts folder and just left in the Apple Basic fonts like Arial, Courier etc... Launched Dreamweaver CC and the CSS designer panel works. I have no idea exactly which font it is, or creating the conflict. All I know is that it works great now.

|

20 Jun, 2013 10:11 AM in reply to dogdog63 Report very strange - I installed Illustrator CC and then I had no more problems with Dreamweaver! No more crashes when close or create files and no more problems with the CSS designer. Error messages during create fluid grid layouts are also gone ...

• Michel:

I think I figured it out on the Mac. Be sure that Verdana is activated in Font Book. What tipped me off to this was a warning I was receiving when trying to open After Effects. It was saying that the program needed Verdana for the user interface to work. I thought that maybe Dreamweaver needed Verdana too. Sure enough! Hope this helps you guys.

On Windows, System Fonts Can be accessed @ Start > Control Panel > Fonts.

Please validate that :

• Verdana is listed as one of the active fonts.
  • If this font is hidden , then click on show button to activate the same.
  • If this font is missing then add the same and activate it.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

That doesn't seem to help. Verdana is installed, so no problem there. I am going to try installing ALL of the Apps and see if that corrects the problem. I'll kepp you posted.

Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am still having problems wih Illustrator. I have tried everything I can think of now, and no luck. It just keeps closing down, and I am going crazy. Adobe, I need help!

Thanks,

Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost a year later and Adobe support is just a screwed up with being clueless on how to fix their own software. 

I had tech on my computer for an hour trying to fix the issue and they could not.  Countless emails unanswered.

Need to rename their product from Creative Cloud to Dark Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a an issue where AI CC (and CS6) do not open "normally" or at all (don't know how to describe that) and the menus are dimmed. I wounded if this is a similar problem. Hard to decipher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having similar problems to Tom. 

Having installed & uninstalled the Adobe Application Manager  AND Illustrator CC AND using the cleaner and rebooting my computer 4 times.  Illustrator still crashes with a message saying that 'Illustrator has stopped working' and Windows is searching for a solution to the problem.

Strangely, Flash CC works fine.

I am running Windows 7 SP1 and currently have no issues with any other software. 

Please help as I was hoping to be a long-term subscriber to the new CC but this is seriously impacting my work schedule. 

I have used CS4 for years with no serious problems. 

Any help would be very much appreciated as troubleshooting this issue has taken over 3 hours today,

Thanks,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the fonts Tahoma and Verdana installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Thanks for the reply 🙂

Yes, I have Tahoma & Verdana installed for years now. 

I use them regularly in my design work, surely this shouldn't cause a problem with the installation or launch of an application unless the files are corrupt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both must be present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

doesn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hugoelec schrieb:

Delete:

doesn't work for me

And did you also do the steps afterwards? Uninstallung, Cleaner tool, Reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got any solutions mate, I am dealing with same problem, I don't know how to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, and found another solution that mentioned deleting the existing prefs file. http://help.adobe.com/en_US/illustrator/cs/using/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e07d0100196cbc5f-630ca.html that worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem. I tried everything. Finally, I noticed that the Illustrator file loaded a few images with a numeric file name. So I renamed those files (for example "1432.jpg" to "test1.jpg") and Illustrator opens the file again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never knew why the programs did what they did, but I did a complete cycle of uninstall, dump resource third-party plug-ins, reinstall, reopen, and everything worked like a charm. I'm okay now and thank everyone for their guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to make the resolution 1280 * 800

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to fix mine by remove a folder from it directory.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe and remove or delete SLStore from it directory.

You may want to try this method safely by backup SLStore folder for just in-case this can't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with me Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me to!! After a few days of trying different methods finally this one works!!!

Delete:

and put in backup folder for every case, then run https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

and erase all Creative Cloud programs, then restart, and install one by one Adobe program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much buddy. It's help me so much....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines