• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC - Trackpad alt+scrolling doesn't work.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I happen to be one of those people that designs on a macbook pro without a mouse. This morning I installed Illustrator CC and discovered that scrolling with two fingers up and down while holding the alt key no longer zooms in and out. There is a new feature where you can pinch to zoom, but that's not going to cut it for me. So my question is: Can I re-enable alt+scrolling = zoom for the trackpad? Is this a bug or did they intentially drop this functionality. I checked Photoshop CC and alt+scrolling works fine for zooming.

I contacted Adobe support to try and find the answers to my questions... no help. I was finally told that my trackpad was the problem but I reassured the person that I'm currently running both CC and CS6 and my trackpad is not the problem.

Anyone else having the same problem? Know of any fix?

Thanks,

Brandon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Hi everyone!

Apologies for the long wait. The zoom issue has been fixed in the 17.01 release. Please install the update either through your Adobe Desktop App or in-app by going to Help > Update.

More on the release: http://bit.ly/cc1701rn

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only affirm this...trackpad zoom in Illustrator CC does not work like it used to. And the Magic Mouse has the same issue (which is, as far as I know, because the way trackpad zoom works is identical to the way scrolling on the Magic Mouse does).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

I've moved your discussion from the Creative Cloud forum to the Illustrator forum. Here you will get relevent help more quickly, as your post will not get lost amongst Creative Cloud installation issues.

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael. Wasn't sure where it would be better.

-Brandon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this problem aswell.

Pretty irritating as I use the alt+zoom function a lot. If anyone knows a fix that would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here guys. I can't work without this "shortcut". Hope Adobe reply to this thred and fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! Adobe: help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have this problem on both of my Macs.

To be clear:

MacBook Pro, trackpad: alt+two finger doesn't work

MacBook Pro, magic mouse: alt+scroll doesn't work

iMac, logitech mouse: alt+scroll works with scroll wheel

iMac, magic trackpad: alt+two fingerscroll doesn't work

Running 10.8.4 on both macs.

Pretty huge bug to overlook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue.

It's honestly the command I use most when creating Illustrations.

It makes your workflow SO SLOW.

I assume this is geting fixed but who knows.

Sticking to CS6 until this is addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, no alt+scroll in Illustrator CC. Hope there's a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

This is a known issue that has been reported by multiple users.

Check this http://forums.adobe.com/message/5423070#5423070

--Manish Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any info from adobe on how this will be reconciled? Should we plan to continue using CS6 for a while?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologies for the inconvenience, Our engineering team is aware about the issue and is working on the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manish-Sharma,

I've been keeping an eye on the other forum post about this. I'm just wondering if there's a time frame to solve the issue yet? I just updated with the latest cc bug fixes and it still isn't solved. As it's probably the most commonly used gesture in illustrator, you can understand that it's becoming quite frustrating, and for me personally it's slowed me down considerably working in illustrator. If there's not going to be a solution for a while, I'll move back to cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  InfluenceJamie

I do understand that this bug bring inconvenience to you and your daily workflow.

As of now, I do not have any specific time-frame when the fix will be available. I know that engineering team is aware about the issue and working on the fix.

Thanks,

Manish Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How hard can it be to fix, really? It's worked for like 20 years before this release broke it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's submit a bug report, I have the same issue with the magic mouse everyone else is having and this is an important issue as we move more towards devices and diisplays that are touch enhanced.

Not just irritating it is a must fix problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug report but peraps one of the staff memebers will realize the implications as to why this has to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wtf is going on with this? more than a month and nothing.

i'm not paying 50 bucks a month to beta test here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer i just not good enough. We need this to be top priority!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone!

Apologies for the long wait. The zoom issue has been fixed in the 17.01 release. Please install the update either through your Adobe Desktop App or in-app by going to Help > Update.

More on the release: http://bit.ly/cc1701rn

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... Please, Adobe, fix this quick!!

We are paying for Adobe CC, so what you have to do is fix this quickly, because we deppend on this to do our work.

Please, fix this because it's so irritating and slows my workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Adobe, there is no update to fix this? I'm still waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't believe this is still happening. I made the move from cs6 to cc this past weekend. I use PS and AI pretty much all day everyday, and this missing feature is crippling my workflow. I'm upset I also uninstalled Illustrator CS6.

I'm hoping someone from the Adobe QA team is in trouble...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines