• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC won't open on windows 10 ("VCRUNTIME140.dll" and "MSVCP140.dll" )

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Creative cloud to install Illustrator and use as test version but when i started it i got error reports saying that "VCRUNTIME140.dll" and "MSVCP140.dll" were missing and that i should try reinstalling. Have already tried a couple of times but no success - any suggestions?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

thanks for replying.

I tried that but it seemed that the updates were only available for, and directed at users of Windows 7, 8 and Vista, to upgrade to a Windows 10 C Runtime (which I guess I should have already).

Tried installing the package anyway but it wouldn t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gabrielb,

As per your query Illustrator is installed but does not launch.

Could you please share some more details like:

Operating System(Exact Version of Windows and MAC)

Exact Version of Illustrator

Graphics card

Screenshot of system settings as shown below (Start > Settings > System> About )

System settings.png

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello srishti,

thank you for you reply.

The version of illustrator is the latest, Illustrator CC 2018 I believe.

My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 940MX.

Best regards,

Gabriel

Cattura.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gabrielb,

Click the link mentioned below.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download...

and download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

select VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe(if you are on 64 bit OS) and VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe (on both 64 bit and 32 bit OS)

once downloaded run these files

and click repair(or install) on both

then it will ask you to restart, do not restart and download the next update and follow same steps:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download...

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

next step will be removing(delete/ rename) preferences folder(Adobe Illustrator/Adobe Illustrator 22 Settings) from below mention locations

C:\Users\usernameAppData\Roaming\Adobe

then restart the system

after the system is rebooted relaunch the application

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you srishti,

for now i have got myself a 2015 version, but I will give that a go when my trial runs out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gabrielb,

Thanks for your reply. Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

It work for a VCRUNTIME140_1.dll afecting all Creative Cloud due to some kind of corrupted file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same Issue.   AE, Encoder, and Animate doesn´t work due this VCRUNTIME140_1.dll missing. Please Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines