• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC2019/CC2020 not isolating while double clicking faster on Windows.

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if i group shapes, and group this group, etc etc, i have many group one inside each other,

In Illustrator ( 24.. , but 23.. too) if i double click a group, i can isolate this group..

But if i double click too fast, faster than 1 second between each double click, it wont isolate the next group...

I have to wait at least 1 second between each double click to isolate the next

I dont have this problem with illustrator cs5.

can i change this  ? thankyou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqGzHukBX0I

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS?
I tried to replicate this on Windows 10 machine and did not find any issues with the isolation mode using double click.

I'd recommend resetting the Adobe Illustrator preferences and check if it makes a difference. Please follow help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Windows 10 professional ,x64

i formatted my computer 100%, total new installation, so new fresh illustrator installation.

Same problem. As olenickdesigns said, no problem with illustrator version before 23.

I have to wait around 1 second to isolate again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same useless issue with 23.1(CC)/20. never with whatever they had before they ONLY offer down to version 23.1 which is useless. I had a slightly older version without the difficulty this garbage is giving me. Its like Adobe is trying to make things slower. Joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that the issue is not fixed even after formatting the machine. We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.1.2) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.1.2, then we recommend you to update to latest version and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

i updated illustrator,

Illustrator 2020 (v 24.1.2)

Same problem. tell me if you need more info from me to help find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that. Could you please share this sample file with us? 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i created this new one, very simple file.

https://gofile.io/d/DNqnxC

Its an svg, but same problem if the file is .ai or .eps,

So the problem is not with the file.

Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but couldn't replicate this issue at my end. Did you try checking this on a different machine with a different mouse?

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did, new computer, new windows 10 installation, new mouse, same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines