• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC2020 not scaling corectly on macOS Mojave

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Illustrator cc 2020 on an early 2013 Macbook Pro with a Retina display running OS Mojave. I have an old 30" Apple Cinema Display that I connect when at home and everything with that works fine. When I travel and use the Macbook display I can't see the entire illustrator window. Only about half of my workspace. I tried scaling the display resolution in system preferences. I can get to the sides of the workspace and drag in but I cannot get to the bottom. This makes Illustrator useless. I have searched the web and the illustrator community and am surprised i cannot find an answer. Can anyone help?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

If I'm understanding your issue correctly, your Illustrator window is not fitting in your much smaller laptop screen.

If that's the case, in the upper left of your window, click on the third circular button from the left to maximize your window to your screen. Your entire Workspace should now fit in your screen. See screenshot below.

Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 2.20.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try resetting the Illustrator preferences once. Please try following the instructions below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to  Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding your issue correctly, your Illustrator window is not fitting in your much smaller laptop screen.

If that's the case, in the upper left of your window, click on the third circular button from the left to maximize your window to your screen. Your entire Workspace should now fit in your screen. See screenshot below.

Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 2.20.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much Ashutosh. I am running Mac OS 10.14.6 and cannot find those files. I am updating the OS to the current one. I suspect that might be part of the problem.

And thank you so much Jeff. I believe that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may be a related question. I have legacy Adobe apps on my computer that were not deleted when I installed new versions. There may even be files on my computer dating back to the 1990s when I started using Photoshop and Illustrator. I have the CC package now an want to know if it is safe to delete the legacy applications and how. Here is a screen shot of my adobe apps:

Adobe applications screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines