• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC2020 v24.0.3 keeps crashing while saving eps files on macOS Catalina 10.15.1

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 24.0.3 keeps crashing saving eps files. I am on Catalina 10.15.1

Saves .ai files fine but crahes every time now trying to save eps. I have already unchecked the GPU performance thingy to no avail

Any help welcome. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Does it happen on a specific file or all of them?
I'd request changing the default printer to PDF if  it is not and see if it works.
You may try resetting the preference of Adobe Illustrator as well. Please follow instructions on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Does it happen on a specific file or all of them?
I'd request changing the default printer to PDF if  it is not and see if it works.
You may try resetting the preference of Adobe Illustrator as well. Please follow instructions on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps you out.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply... I will try these steps in the next day or two and let you know how I get on

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there Ashutosh,

That does seem to have worked... many thanks for your help. I will let you know if the problem recurrs.

Thank you

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines