Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Changes Exported Logo Colour

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So, I have exported a white logo as an SVG file, but my logo turns out black (the original colour of the logo). I originally changed the colour of the logo via Edit >  Edit Colors > Adjust Color Balance. It turns out the right colour for every file other than SVG, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

I would say, you are looking for trouble with this one.

The graphics are so simple you could trace them (even Image Trace should work). And then you would be safe from this kind of issues. And it would make more sense saving it as an SVG.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to change color without edit color option use simple color change hope it works.....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the logo a vector graphic?

Which color mode is the file (before exporting as SVG)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main part of the logo is a vector graphic, but I have two small PNG images being used as well. The colour mode of the file is CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG can only be RGB.

You might want to show us the AI file, because it's not a lot of fun guessing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't let me upload the AI file, but I have uploaded the PDF. I kept getting the error of:  '(application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed' when I tried the ai file.

The white logos are for black backgrounds, so you probably won't be able to see them properly on the PDF with the white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say, you are looking for trouble with this one.

The graphics are so simple you could trace them (even Image Trace should work). And then you would be safe from this kind of issues. And it would make more sense saving it as an SVG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thank you. I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines