Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator changing the colour of a PSD

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

I have always used Photoshop until recently I added Illustrator to my arsenal, mainly because I am starting to design for print and can achieve sharper text this way. My workflow at the moment is designing in Photoshop and then bringing the PSD into Illustrator for export. I have been doing this for a while, but today I have ran into a very annoying issue.

Illustrator seems to be changing a nice dark navy colour into pure black. The colour I am hoping to achieve is C:50, M:0, Y:0, K:100 which I believe looks how it should in Photoshop.

Illustrator also doesn't seem to change the yellow colour very much if at all, so I'm thinking this has something to do with K being 100%. If so, why is this not a problem in Photoshop? I've attached examples below.

Photohop 

Photoshop.png

Illustrator

Illustrator.png

To open the PSD in Illustrator I am right clicking on the PSD and clicking 'Open with Illustrator' and when I do so it automaticlaly changes the background colour to this black colour. 

The other intresting thing is if I take opening the PSD in Illustrator out of the equation and simply try and produce the colour C:50, M:0, Y:0, K:100 in Illustraor, it still turns out completely black! So even if I was to design the whole thing purely in Illustrator it still wouldn't work.

Can anyone shine some light on what's going on here? The colour settings of each program are below. I have synchronized the colours in Adobe Bridge.

Photoshop Colour Settings

Photoshop Settings.png

Illustrator Colour Settings

Illustrator Settings.png

Many thanks in advance!

C

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What is the colour mode of the PSD?
  2. What is the colour mode of the Illustrator file?
  3. Does the PSD look different if you use File > Place?
  4. What do your preferences look like under Appearance of Black?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for getting in touch Scott. 

1. CMYK

2. CMYK

3. Unfortunately not! It looks the exact same. 

4. Attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines