Illustrator closes all windows when I close one item

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I often work with multiple items such as SVGs which I convert to AI files or charts.

Today something is not right. All my windows are closing down when closing a single item.
Adobe can you please fix this. Resetting prefs only works for a limited time. Once you customise the prefs it goes back to the wrong settings. Also I don't want a workaround but an update. This is the first serious bug I have seen in the programme for a while. Thanks and please let us know when it is sorted.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Illustrator forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem.

The current solution: you need to join the prerelease program first to have access to the prerelease. The prerelease can then be found in the CC desktop app in the left Apps column under Prerelease

From Uservoice:

Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg to join our pre-release program and get the Prerelease build of version 25.2.2 from CCD“Prerelease” tab in Categories section.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it happen if you use the Command W to close a file? Just asking as might be acting as if you have the option key down while clicking on close window which is close all shortcut.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines