• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator color issues

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble getting consistent colors when I place a file into Illustrator versus opening the file. For example I have a PSD file that when I eyedrop the color it comes out to 0,119,0. When I place the file into Illustrator the color changes to 0,120,20. Same color space and workspace color (RGB). If I just open the file, it is fine. Re-linking is by far the quickest method of changing files and that is where it gets changed. It has been doing this for quite some time and have only recenly noticed because I work in a sign shop and it has to match previos orders. Why is this happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Check also your Edit > Color Settings.

There is a bug (back again) that sets it to Emulate Illustrator 6.0, which turns Color Management off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to embed the image since I noticed it wasn't linked when opening it. When I embed the file, the color goes to the correct color. What's the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Try exporting to PDF and checking the colors in that PDF.

When you place an image, you work just with a preview version, maybe that's the reason.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is linked, Illustrator picks the screen representation of that color.

Is color management synchronized and doyou use the same color profiles in the PSD and Illustrator?

Soft proof tured on or off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check also your Edit > Color Settings.

There is a bug (back again) that sets it to Emulate Illustrator 6.0, which turns Color Management off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the information shared earlier, please check out this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/colores-en-actualizacion-25-2-1/m-p/11951025#M271120) for more information about this.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines