• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Color Replacement Automation Using Color Replacer PowerScript

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I am looking for a way to automate changing colors and the options in Illustrator are not that great. I work on Illustrator documents with logos and artwork that have multiple different swatch color breakdowns and names, and want to consolidate them into 1 swatch so it's consistent across the different files. A file might have all of the following or some of the following: PMS 289, navy289, navy_pms289_100 65 0 60 plus more different color breakdowns for a navy color. This occurs in one document and throughout different files. It is unpredictable how many different variations might be in a document or multiple files. Basically, I want to change all those multiple navy colors into one swatch color called Navy and I want to do this color change for other colors as well.

I tried actions and they are not as robust or great as Photoshop, merge swatches is time consuming and recolor artwork is not exactly what I need. My best case scenerio would be something like in Photoshop, combining actions with automate batch. The closest I found to that is a script called Color Replacer PowerScript for Adobe Illustrator that seems like it might automate all the work. It's from a company in New Zealand called O2 Creative. I can't find much information on them and don't see many comments on YouTube for their video on this so that makes me leary. Is this something anyone has used and had success with? Is it possible to do what I am looking for? Were there any problems / corruptions with the script? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Scripting , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know anything about Color Replacer PowerScript, so i can't comment one way or the other there.. But what you're doing is theoretically possible.

Things get kind of difficult (if not impossible) when gradients/patterns exist though. 

Having dealt with that on more than one occasion, my opinion is that $15 is perfectly reasonable. However, if you'd rather, I'm perfectly happy to help you figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's possible too and the price is reasonable. My concern is since it's a script, can there be something mailicous in it? Since there's not many comments on their videos and I haven't come across anyone that's used their products, I am a little leary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anything is possible, but they have existed for quite a while and they have a pretty broad suite of stuff available and I've never heard anything bad about them. I'm sure if they were scamming or placing viruses or anything this community would have been buzzing about it.

Obviously I can't make any guarantees though unless I was writing the script. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines