• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Colors never showing up as they should be when selected Current Version May 2021

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I am working in Adobe Illustrator ('s) current version from 2021 (25.2.3) as of May 2021 and as far back as Mid-April. I've experienced a very surprisingly common and recurring issue dating (from what I gathered) as far back as of March 2020. Wherein the colors I see appear darker than what I project them to be. (and before you ask YES I absolutely checked the entirety of what I could scrounge for information on Color settings, Color swatches, Web Colors, CMYK, RGB, etc.), Furthermore (NO it has nor has there ever been an issue with Exporting, Monitors, Separate computers or otherwise, so please don't ask for me to try to understand it to best capacity). I even went and downloaded Adobe just to try and see if I could perchance in some way another actually fix this issue that I've been having for only a little more than 2 Months!!  Now with that out of the way I wish to explain what the issue is in-depth just to get it across what IM actually going through-

When I simply make a new shape or vector (they're the same btw) I want to change the color for something I'm working right?  So I double click on the color square that typically shows up near the bottom left side of the open program where I have it set up to be, I select a fine color to go something like a fine pale blue like I usually do to test the color range of the specific document I'm working.  THEN after selecting OK registering to illustrators systems that this the exact color I want, number to number, symbol to symbol, or otherwise, etc. when not only does it stray to completely darker and duller version of the color I originally selected there is also a change in the shade where I pick that pale blue as mentioned previously, ONLY for it to turn into some "Dark Navy-Turquoise" hybrid color.  A little bit exaggerated on my part, yes, but it is 100% in the realm of reality.  it mentions near the 3 buttons on the top right of the window when it shoes what color you can change it to "OK, CANCEl, SHOW COLORS".  something mentioning "Out of Gamut Color" with the typical triangle warning sign with "!" this inside it along with what looks like a picture of a cube with a different excuse as to fix it saying "Out of Web Color".  Naturally, as I do want to fix the problem with my colors, it actually doesn't solve it instead in a strange manner choosing to only keep the colors in a darkened state for no real reason as to what I observed before and after going through the possible options.

Possible Solutions/ Final Thoughts:

I know people have had this similar issue with this and Photoshop going through the same problem (and Yes it seems to carry over everything too),  I just want to ask if I can ever solve this. Here are my main thoughts for this whole ordeal.

1.  It seems like no matter what I try to do to fix this issue, it simply slaps me in the face and tells me NO

2.  I'm not using this work to print anything at all, I have absolutely Zero (0) intention of printing these projects of mine whatsoever

3.  If you, a high-grade graphic designer, adobe employee, or any other can offer me any hopes of seeing this whole thing fixed before it turns into 2025.  I would be so gosh-dang happy.

Thank you

One more thing I will not be accepting any help from any "Adobe Community Professionals" whatsoever unless they are able to offer me or anyone else going through this exact same problem or related, Sorry not Sorry.  If you do apply under the "Adobe Community Professional" do note I will or may take your advice/solutions with a microscopic particle of salt (A lot less than a grain mind you.)

Thank you, and Goodnight

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge is what I downloaded to check for color authenticity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I mentioned in the last parts of my articles for my possible solution paragraph I would like to note if it has it can and will carry over to every direct color editing software Adobe has under its belt as well as Photoshop and Illustrator which I use fervently in my spare time as a hobby and for my internship which I want to keep desperately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines