• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator constantly crashing

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont' know what's going on with illustrator...
i've been trying to complete a very simple project, literally just "doodle art".... last night i opened the project on my son's ipad pro to make it easier by using the pencil..... but after drawing a line or 2 it crashed...then just kept crashing as soon as it would open, ver and over again.... so i went back to working on it on my computer (macbook pro m1)... then all the sudden illustrator starts crashing on it. like i'd draw a line and then try and save right away  and as soon as i hit save it crashes (without hitting save, it'll crash after a couple lines)...
i've tried multiple files, they all crash (*IF i can even get any to open).....beyond frustrated at 3 am, i packed it in and hoped it would resolve itself today.
it hasnt.
No mater how many times it crashes, it never gives an option to run diagnostics. just said "illustrator crashed" and the options to send the report and reopen.... only to have it crash again.... no errors, nothing.

i can't find any relevant troubleshooting steps, i've restarted my computer etc. it's honestly crashed like 50x, i can't get anything done and i'm on a deadline. I keep trying my son's ipad pro, my ipad pro, my macbook pro....no matter what, illustrator crashes...

tried contacting support, but of course theyre closed.

Anyone else having illustrator issues or have any suggestions to try?
TIA!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

The fact that you are running Illustrator on a Mac with the M1 may be the problem. The current versions of most Creative Cloud programs do not run natively on computers with the M1 chip. Rather they work using Apple's Rosetta 2 emulation software which has led to many problems for those trying to use Illustrator on a new Mac. It sounds like you created your file on the M1 which most likely has affected the file even when used on your son's ipad. There is currently a Beta version of Illustrator w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit:

illustarator up to date - 25.2.3 (approx 20days since last update)
no extra plug ins etc (dont even know how)
no other new program installations or updates recently
**one thing i have noticed is that when it reopens, it gives me some notification about a wacom driver being out of date or disabled or something, when i go into preferences and click to disable wacom under devices and it says the edit/update will take effect next time illustrator restarts......but when the program does restart again... i get the wacom message again and it's re enabled?

please let me know if there's any info i'm missing that could possibly be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you are running Illustrator on a Mac with the M1 may be the problem. The current versions of most Creative Cloud programs do not run natively on computers with the M1 chip. Rather they work using Apple's Rosetta 2 emulation software which has led to many problems for those trying to use Illustrator on a new Mac. It sounds like you created your file on the M1 which most likely has affected the file even when used on your son's ipad. There is currently a Beta version of Illustrator which does run natively on the M1 which you may want to try. You can access it for download at: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-beta-for-apple-silicon-m1-devices-inviting-us....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bill,

Shortly after posting i did attempt the beta version.
so far, so good. At least i was able to make progess on my project and will hopefully be able to get it done in time.
thats an interesting point about the file being created on the m1 thus possibly be causing the ipad issues, i didn't think of that. i'll have to try opening a beta saved file on the ipad and see if maybe there's a difference or not.

fortunately i havent had any issues with the beta yet (lol though using a trackpad, i'm constanty accidently rotating the artboard), so it def saved the day.  I'm still going to reach out to adobe today if i get a chance and see what they suggest, just incase they have other solutions or explainations. 

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines