Illustrator copy and paste gradient vignette

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy and paste a gradient vignette (e.g a simple black square with 0% opacity on of the nodes on the gradient slider), the pasted item loses its vignette, i.e reverts back to 100% opacity. Strangely if I hold OPT and drag, it works. It's a workaround around but not ideal especially when pasting to different documents. I've included a screen recording to demonstrate what happens. Note: this was reorded using Illustrator 2020 but problem still exists in the 2021 version. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot replicate this behavior. Does the problem continue if you restart Illustrator/computer?

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes still does it. Even when updating to the latest versions, the issue still exists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I've resolved it – I resorted to resetting my preferences. I've since adjusted the prefs to match my original setup and there are no issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's good news. Thanks for the update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines