• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator could not open the file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use Illustrator software and recently saved a PDF file with lots of information behind it, usually when I save a PDF file in Illustrator I open the files and it opens as an AI file but this time does not let me access the file, in the preview the file is fully visible, also in PLACE operation And also in OPEN operation but when I try to open the error appears as in the picture and in PLACE I open what appears in the artboard of the PDF only,
I would love to know if there is a way to increase the artboard space via acrobat or if someone encountered this error (could not open the file) and managed to open the file anyway, I tried to change the file extension to AI or EPS or open in other vector software but still can't read it .
* It is important to note that this has never happened to me before in this software with any type of file that supports it.

thank you very muchERROR.jpgERROR2.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed your images in your message.

Which application did you use to create the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks, I attached the photos as part of the post and I created the PDF file in adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you attach images, everyone has to download them. When you embed them, they can be seen at once.

forum-embed-photos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liorgia,

I am afraid it is a sign that the document is corrupt., and that you can only see/retrieve the PDF part of it, which is there because you have chosen to create it as PDF Compatible.

Since you obviously need more than the PDF part, you will have to try to somehow rescue the actual document.

Hopefully, it is a matter of restoring parts of the underlying code so that all, or most of the artwork can be made available. It is a good sign if the file size is (roughly) as expected.

There are different ways to work with it, including some paid possible solutions, which I can link to if needed, but I have tried to alert our Adobe staff friends in the hope that one of them can have a look and be able to restore the code.

Have you anything to fall back on, such as a (hopefully) recent backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks so much for the help,
For your questions, the file size seems reasonable and not missing, if you can refer me to a Adobe source or people who know how to tinker with code to restore the graphics I would be very happy.

Unfortunately I do not have a backup for the file and it is very important for business work so it is very important to me.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Liorgia.

My hope is that one of our Adobe staff friends will answer here in this thread (hopefully sooner than later) and make the arrangements.

It is always recommended to create backups with different names regularly, and to store backups in more than one place/way.

And also to save often.

You may use Autosaviour,
https://astutegraphics.com/plugins/autosaviour

If you have a CC subscription, saving files in your Creative Cloud Files folder will automatically create and keep versions up to 10 days.
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/crash-file-data-recovery.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/versioning-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is not usual. I've sent you a DM. Please check.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines