• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crash led to lost cloud document data

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About an hour ago, my Illustrator crashed (which it always does once in a while) along with some files I had been working on, and I wasn't concerned since I typically am always able to open the recovered files upon relaunch. However, the file that had important work in it was saved as a cloud document, and this is my first time using Illustrator cloud documents. When I relaunched the program, I was not able to find that particular recovered file anywhere, and the last version that had been saved to the cloud was from seven days ago, meaning I lost a ton of work I had done since then. I know it's ultimately my fault for not saving properly, but if it was a cloud document I don't understand why it had not been autosaving for that entire time, or why it was not at least saved as a local recovery file??? Is there anything I can do now to recover that data or is it lost forever?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you cannot find the latest state of the document when you log into your CC account on the web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document exists, but the last saved version is from 7 days ago. This wouldn't be the case if autosave had been working as intended. There was also no recovered version of the document upon relaunch of the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Autosave option for Cloud documents is still turned on? Sometimes with corrupt preferences, things might go wrong.

Also: your internet access is working correctly? Or are there known issues?

I'm sorry, I can't help with Cliud documents, since whatever is saved there is only available to responsible staff.

There may (no guarantee at all) be a version of that document on your computer. I would contact Customer Care. They might know where to look for it. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Since it's the holidays, it will be difficult to reach someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me as well, did you find any solution? Mine has only been 5 days of work but god it was a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @lilar94281533,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes, especially when it results in data loss. On restarting Illustrator after a crash, the app auto-recovery process gets initiated and opens up all the unsaved files with the Recovered suffix. If that did not happen, chances are that the file cannot be recovered. Also, if you are working on a cloud document, you may want to try reverting to an older version of the file (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/open-revert-cloud-document-version.html) to check if it helps.
Please note that the auto-recovery preferences may be turned off if Illustrator crashes during data recovery. If this happens, simply re-enable data recovery in Preferences.

For further help with crashes, if you're using a Wacom Tablet, we recommend trying an older version of the driver (6.3.46-2) to see if it resolves the issue. If not, please follow the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. Also, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and use the same email account as your community account for quick tracking. We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines