• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes / freezes Saving + Opening Files

New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a file on Illustrator or try to save an illustrator file the program freezes and crash. This happens even when I save a file that is empty, or open a file that is an empty page. I have the latest version of adobe illustrator downloaded. At this point, its difficult for me to ues illustrator at all since nothing will save and I am unable to open older files.

I have a

Macbook Pro (15 in, 2016)

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB

Os Mojave 10.14.4

Please let me know if you have any suggestions / solutions. I've tried contacting Adobe directly, but I am unable to do so / they do not allow it on their website.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it could be an Extensis Suitcase problem. With the Adobe tech's help, I moved the extension out of my Illustrator folder and I was able to open files again.

Looks like we need to test this and see if you guys get similar results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, eventually this problem came back and the only way to restore functionality to Illustrator was to run the suitcase fusion uninstaller and remove the program from my system.

Working with Extensis now, to see what they can offer.

Was Suitcase the problem with all of you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for updating us. Do let us know if there are any insights from Extensis.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Had the same problem with one file that wouldn't open with Illustrator 20.0.4.

My machine is a MacBook Pro (mid-2015) running under Mojave 10.14.5.

Processor 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7.

Memory 16Go

Graphic card AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2Go

Intel iris Pro 1536Mo.

Had to remove Suitcase Fusion 9

Stop FM Core with Activity Monitor

And now file work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for giving the heads up. I am glad to hear that you are all set. Please feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also had issues running newer Extensis Suitcase 9. It made everything run extremely slow on my computer. I uninstalled and reverted back to prior Suitcase version and all my slow issues went away.

I think Extensis is trying to get too fancy with Suitcase app. All I want to do is activate a font. That's it. Plain and simple. I don't need to do anything complicated and certainly am not up to reading over 100 pages of Extensis manuals to figure out the useless bells and whistles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is almost exactly a year later.... and guess what? I am having the same problem 😕 I have the latest version of Illustrator (2020) installed on my PC.  It used to work fine, I didn't change any settings or install any new software on my PC and suddenly the last two weeks the same problem that the previous couple of people in the feed has had is happening to me 😞 

I suppose I should also use an older version of Illustrator then? But I think Adobe needs to adress the situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you set the printer to the default PDF Printer on Windows? Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this supposed to qualify as support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DMDI  schrieb:

Is this supposed to qualify as support?

This is a community forum and the helpx files are for self service and yes, they do indeed help people find things and fix them.

You can always contact Customer Care and they will log into your computer and dive into things individually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines