Illustrator Crashes on MAC

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI closes unexpectedly on my mac. Why?

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator Crashes on MAC

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI closes unexpectedly on my mac. Why?

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

Regards,

Srishti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you specify which generation Mac Air do you have, the operating system and the version of Ai ?

Do you get any error message? Does this happen for other apps? Did you recently upgrade software or install something new?

These details can help us find clues to support you better

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.1 Illustrator

MacBook Air, 3 months old

Running High Sierra, current OS

It just quits in the middle of a project and I need to restart the program. I wish I could just buy a version like I have for so many years.

Thanks for the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2018 0
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember, you can use previous version of your application. Look at the Creative Cloud panel,

Next to an App, you have Open or Install with an arrow pointing down. in that drop down you will locate a means to install previous versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about this. I would request you to please try resetting preferences for Illustrator and let us know if that helps: How to set preferences in Illustrator

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the link, but did not seem to work when I did the keyboard start up on AI. Is there another way to reset pref?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2018 0
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaels49830862  schrieb

Is there another way to reset pref?

It's actually described in that link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Please follow this procedure:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to locations
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings folders.
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Resources