Highlighted

Illustrator crashes on save with Dropbox on macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. A heads up (and yes, I know it's my fault for trying) but in the MacOS Big Sur Public Beta, Illustrator crashes on save when Dropbox is open. After quitting Dropbox, I was able to Save As (an overwrite of the .ai file) but not Save.

AI 24.3

MacOS 11.0 Public Beta 20A5364e

Mid-2015 MacBook Pro 15" Retina

Dropbox 105.4.651

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator crashes on save with Dropbox on macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. A heads up (and yes, I know it's my fault for trying) but in the MacOS Big Sur Public Beta, Illustrator crashes on save when Dropbox is open. After quitting Dropbox, I was able to Save As (an overwrite of the .ai file) but not Save.

AI 24.3

MacOS 11.0 Public Beta 20A5364e

Mid-2015 MacBook Pro 15" Retina

Dropbox 105.4.651

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to discuss Beta software then please apply for the Illustrator beta.

The released version was never meant to work with Big Sur.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. When you save and open files across a network or from removable media, many variables affect application performance. Illustrator does not support network or removable drives as scratch disks, or folders of file sync services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and icloud.

For more details, please refer to this help article.

As Monika mentioned above, we are still testing and optimizing our apps for Big Sur and don’t support it yet. We recommend that you use our apps only in released versions of macOS. For more details, please refer to this help article.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0