• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes upon launch

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a fresh re-innstall from creative cloud desktop, Illustrator crashes upon startup.

All I see is the welcome screen, then it crashes.

I've tried it with my subscription on two different machines, and with a friend of mine with his subscription oh his machine. 

AE and Photoshop works fine.

Any ideas?

Evengi_0-1593088681712.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Do you have any third party plugins?

Is a printer connected, set up as the default printer and turned on? If not, install a PDF printer. If you have previously done that, please check that PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please try the solution from the below link and let us know whether it works for you or not.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-crashing-on-launch/td-p/11178059?page=1

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charu, thank you for the link.

I have followed the steps.

I renamed my prefs to old, and then started the software from the creative cloud app.

The pattern is the same. With Illustrator version 24 it crashes upon start. With Illustrator version 23 it allows me to choose a new blanck document, but crashes before it is generated.

I don't get a read only error dialog, so I have not tried that step.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share your machine configuration? (your OS deatils)

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My machine and its os:

AMD Ryzen Threadtripper 1950X 16-Core 3.4 GHZ

64 MB ram

64 bit system

Windows 10 Home, version 1903, updated today.

Thank you.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, I don't have access to Windows machine. But I would like you to go through the following link to match System Requirements for Illustrator. You have written 64 MB RAM. It seems there is a mistake while typing 64MB RAM for Windows not possible.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Apart from this, you mention Windows is updated today. So, it may possible while updating the Windows. Just to confirm, did you have same issue before updating the Windows?

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charu.

On this machine that I am currently using, I have had and used illustrator for about a year and it has worked fine. It stopped working about a week ago.

It is possible to have 64GB ram, minimum 8Gb and reccomended 16.

Illustrator did not work before I did the windows update, I did the update in case that would help illustrator to work.

I have a very poverful machine since I work with visual effects. The machine should not be a problem. 

I will update my graphics drivers, and see if that may provide a resolution.

Thank you

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can try that and update us if that helps. 

And in your earlier post you mention 64MB, not 64 GB, that's why I said it is not possible to have 64 MB for Windows machine. 🙂 May be typo error.

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 6.43.17 PM.png

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated illustartor again, and my graphics drivers, and it is still not working.

Illustrator crash upon opening the software as it did before.

When I innstall older versions of illustrator, it crashes upon creating new documents instead of at the opening of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third party plugins?

Is a printer connected, set up as the default printer and turned on? If not, install a PDF printer. If you have previously done that, please check that PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted a printer that was installed and this solved the issue.

The two computers I have tried illustrator on (two different subscriptions) had both of them the same printer installed, since they where in the same office.

Aparrently the printer was the issue.

Thank you for solving this.

Best regards Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the feedback about that printer. This will help other people with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines