• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes when saving .aic file as .ai?

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has already been asked–

I have an Illustrator cloud document that I am effectively trying to convert to a regular, local .ai file by opening the cloud document, choosing Save As, and saving it locally as an illustrator file. Whenever I do this however, Illustrator crashes before it is able to save. I've also tried saving the file in other formats such as EPS, but I get the same result.

I'm using Illustrator CC 2020 24.3

macOS Catalina 10.15.6

not sure what other details are relevant, let me know and I will provide them.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Is this happening with a specific file or all cloud files? Are you trying to save the document on a local drive or network?

This information will help us understand the issue and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue!!! This is the first time it has hapened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator? Does it happen while working with a specific file or all? Would it be possible for you to share a sample file with us? You may upload the file on Creative Cloud(or any other cloud storage you prefer & share the link with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines