• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes when scrolling through fonts with latest update

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I just updated Illustrator on 2-1-2021. I just recently needed to use the type tool. Illustrator now completely freezes up when I try to scroll through the fonts. I didn't seem to have this issue previously. Any suggestions? I've read other posts from previous years doing the same thing. I have tried several "fixes". Nothing is helping. I have a HP Spectre 360. I apreciate your time. thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if any version works fine for you don't update it to make your work smooth until you face any problem so revert back to the version which is ok for you...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was encounter another issue in Illustrator and was told by Adobe Support to run an update. I'm honestly not sure what version I had before this, and I'm not sure how to revert back. I wouls think if I reverted back, I'd encounter the previous issue. Either way it seems like a lose-lose unfortuantely. I've read of other people having this issue in past years, but none of the fixes they recommended worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is very peculiar about fonts. Did you already check them if they are all technically OK?

Is it always the same font where you experience crashes?

No double fonts installed?

Do you use a font manager? And if so: is it 110% compatible with Illustrator? Are you sure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check them to see if they are all technically ok? I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm not sure what font provokes the crash, as I cannot change the font because just the act of scrolling through the fonts crashes Illustrator. Unfortuantly I don't get a particualr error code.

I don't know how to check for double fonts, and to the best of my knowledge I don't have a font manager. Just whatever is installed in windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are tools to check fonts. They are just files that are used often and so can get corrupt.

As for double fonts: check the font menu in a different application, check the font files in the folder.

And also: there might be just an awful lot of fonts installed, how about uninstalling some?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines