Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes with large JPEG files

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

Has anyone experienced Illustrator crashes when placing large JPEG or TIFF files?

I'm working on billboards that need to be sized up at 1:10 scale with a minimum requirement of 360DPI

File saves fine out of Photoshop, but the minute you place it in Illustrator the file crashes and quits.

I tried doing the same with a TIFF file, which then reports that Illustrator cant read the file format.

I placed the same 2 images in Indesign and they worked 100% fine, with no issues.

The problem I face is that the printer only excepts Illustrator Open files for print.

Kind regards

Jaco

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience.

Hope your issue is resolved by now. If not, would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator? Does it happen while working with specific document/specific image files?

This information would help us assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines