Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashes with Saving a Cloud Document to Local Hard Drive

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I started a project on Illustrator for iPad and saved it to my Cloud Documents so I could continue to work on it in the desktop version of Illustrator. 

I can open the .aic file on my desktop but when I go to save it to my computer as an .ai file on my hard drive, Illustrator crashes. 

- I can’t download the file from my creative cloud…the download fails.

- All my applications are up-to-date (Illustrator 2021)

- My OS is up-to-date (Big Sur 11.1)

- I’ve reset Illustrator preferences

- I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator 

- I have no issues with PS...I can both download and save PSDC files from Cloud Documents to my local hard drive.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you! 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Is it a specific file which is not being downloaded? Would it be possible for you to share the link of the file(if not sensitive)?
Have you tried downloading the file from the browser(https://assets.adobe.com/)?

This information will help us assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have the same problem and my file doesnt get downloaded through the link you have sent. It was working fine on dekstop but now it doesnt work and opening even on dekstop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also when I managed to open it for short time if I try to save it on dekstop instead of cloud it says adobe illustrator cant save this document due to error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines