Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashing After Deleting Shadows

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I recently updated my illustrator to 2021 Version 25.0 and I am constanly facing a constant issue of illustrator crashing when I delete a shadow. This happens when I hit the 'Trash can button" near the quick access fx button on the properties panel. 

Anybody knows how to fix it?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Hi there,

We're so sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We have been able to reproduce the issue and it is currently under investigation.

Please upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41832787-drop-shadow-deletion-crashes-illustrator) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

facing the same issue, looking for someone to guide how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this still happens after a computer rebootand after resetting the preferences, please report it as a bug.

Toreset the preferences,rename the folder as described in here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

In case it doesn't help, it can be reverted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution, and I am very glad to share it with you. 

the solution is very simple, always apply drop shadow or any raster effect through the appearance (Shift + F6), and you can easily add or delete any effect in this way. I did it today and it's working absolutely fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We have been able to reproduce the issue and it is currently under investigation.

Please upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41832787-drop-s...) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines