• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashing at Startup

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator crashes at each start up. Not sure how to fix. Everything up to date. I've tried reinstalling. Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Please see this:

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel

You need to look inside your user folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the solution in here does not help, please tell us your system and version and other details (hardware, printer, plugins, etc.)

Illustrator crashes on startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cannot find the OOBE for adobe

using Windows 10. latest cloud version of illustrator. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this:

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel

You need to look inside your user folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessie,

I would like to know if the steps suggested by Monika worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello srishtib8795206​ ,

I am still having trouble with this, and cannot get past a spinning wheel and must force quit Illustrator when attempting to create a new file or open any existing file within the application. I have done exhaustive troubleshooting on the matter, following each of the steps listed in the link above, and a few of my own, but to no avail. Please let me know if you have further suggestions for me to be able to run the app on my computer. See attached troubleshooting summary I've made from my attempts. And let me know if you need more information from me in order to help.

Best,Ashley

ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR / CREATIVE CLOUD TROUBLESHOOTING

1. Open current version of Illustrator (cc-22.1):
    1. Opened Illustrator - success.
    2. Selected New… and selected Create (new document) - success.
    3. Click anywhere in new open document - spinning wheel and frozen, have to force quit app.
  2. Update Illustrator app to most recent version (cc-23.0.3):
    2. Selected New… and selected Create (new document) - spinning wheel, frozen, had to force quit app.
  3. Sign in / out of Adobe Creative Cloud:
    1. Signed out, signed back in, Opened Adobe Illustrator - success.
    2. Selected New… and selected Create (new document) - spinning wheel, frozen, had to force quit app.
  4. Quit Creative Cloud & all apps, restart computer, relaunch:
    2. Selected New… and selected Create (new document) - success.
    3. Click anywhere in new open document - spinning wheel and frozen, have to force quit app.
  5. Update current version of Creative Cloud app (4.8.2.476):
    1. Quit app, downloaded latest version, opened app - success.
    2. Opened Illustrator - success.
    3. Selected New… and selected Create (new document) - success.
    4. Click anywhere in new open document - spinning wheel and frozen, have to force quit app.
  6. Reinstall Creative Cloud app (4.8.2.476):
    1. Quit app, downloaded uninstaller, ran .exe - success.
    2. Downloaded lastest version, opened app - success.
    3. Opened Illustrator - success.
    4. Selected New… and selected Create (new document) - success.
    5. Click anywhere in new open document - spinning wheel and frozen, have to force quit app.
  7. Delete the contents of the OOBE folder and relaunch Creative Cloud desktop app:
    1. Quit Creative Cloud app, found folder: C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE , tried deleting all contents, but 3 files could not be deleted:
      1. ANEData.db
      2. filesync.db
      3. opm.db
    2. Navigated to OOBE folder, and found all files there again, attempted to delete all, but 3 files could not be deleted:
      1. ANEData.db
      2. filesync.db
      3. Opm.db
    3. Tried opening Illustrator anyway - success.
    4. Selected New… and selected Create (new document) - success.
    5. Click anywhere in new open document - spinning wheel and frozen, have to force quit app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for reaching out. You just mentioned on another thread that the issue got fixed by resetting preferences. Here is the reference link Re: Adobe Illustrator (all versions) can't open or create new files ??

Did resetting preferences resolve this issue as well? Let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines