Illustrator crashing in macOs Catalina 10.15.7

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, 

últimamente Illustrator se me cierra inesperadamente en repetidas ocasiones. 

Lo utilizo en el sistema operativo macOs Catalina 10.15.7 y la versión de Illustrator es Illustrator CC2021 (25.0).

No hay un patrón específico ni un archivo en concreto, se cierra inesperadamente, pero esto ocurre muy a menudo. A qué puede deberse?

Muchas gracias por la ayuda

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2021
Srishti Bali Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2021
Hi there,   Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/td-p/11434061?page=1) and let us know how it goes.    Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.   Regards, Srishti

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any plugins?

Does it happen when working in a file? Or does it also crash without open files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
oih! AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
no, i have no plugin installed.It happens when there is an open document in Illustrator. Usually, when I'm working with it, but sometimes occurs when I'm working in another software and I return to Illustrator.

Thank you for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your document on the local harddrive or on a server?

You could try if resetting the preferences helps. Rename the folder as described in here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

(it can be reverted in case it doesn't help)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
oih! AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
my documents are usually in dropbox server. I try to reset my preferences but still Illustrator crashes suddenly.
I noticed that often occurs when the computer is in repose and when I activate it Illustrator crashes.
Any other possible solution?

Thank you very much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines