• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashing on Mac OS

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Illustrator on my Mac. Every time I try to open it, it crashes. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and updated my Mac. Nothing worked. Thank you in advance for you ideas 🙂

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is similar post. Please try steps that are mention at this post

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-2020-24-0-1-crashing-on-macos-catalina/td-p/1...

and let us know if this helps.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you first install the Creative Cloud management app and use it to install AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have had creative cloud and Photoshop for a while, I have just upgraded to all apps. I did follow the suggestions in the previous post, none worked and some I couldn't try because I couldn't find the files referred to. Illustrator still crashes in Safe mode, it doesn't fully open before it crashes so I can't get into the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded an older version, it seems to have fix the problem for the minute 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon, I tried to send an image to Illustrator from Adobe draw and it crashed again. Will not open without crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are extremely sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. We are currently investigating this issue and would request you to share the following details:

• Exact version of Illustrator and operating system.
  • Does turning off Automatic Graphic Switching (System Preferences > Energy > Uncheck Automatic graphics switching) helps resolving the issue?
    automatic graphics switching.png
  • SPX file from MAC
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report
    This will launch the System Profiler
    Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files
    Then open https://assets.adobe.com/files
    Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and share it with us.
    How to collect spx file.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the problem after trying to send a file from adobe draw on my ipad pro. All crash reports have been sent. here is the link to the files https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/0faac5ce-57fe-484a-7165-42052c3cb23c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines