• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashing on Quit - MacBook Pro 16"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new MacBook Pro 16" - I migrated all my stuff from the old 2018 MacBook Pro, and ever since then both Illustrator and InDesign crash on quit. This is even after the latest Illustrator that I installed this morning. Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Performance , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences of Ai and Id?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had it crash after working at a coffee shop, closing the lid, and upon arriving to my office and opening the laptop, Illustrator crashes and I lost unsaved work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

We are extremely sorry to hear about this. I understand how frustrating it is. Could you please share a few more details like:

• Exact version of Illustrator, InDesign and Operating system.
  • Share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html 
    While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • What all applications are running when it crashes?
  • Are there any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti,

I sent you a PM with a link to my crash log.

Johnny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the Crash Report, Johnny. I have replied to your DM for more details, please check.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just bought a MacBook Pro 16" and migrated everything from my old MacBook Pro 13", too. Now I am having this same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines