Highlighted

Illustrator Crashing on Start Up

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, downloaded the latest version of Illustrator today, and it just won't boot. Running on a Macbook Pro with i7 and 16gb RAM, and it just keeps saying 'initialising' until it crashes/freezes minutes later. 

I've installed and reinstalled multiple times, restarted my machine multiple times and nothing seems to be doing the trick. I have a fair bit of work to complete, and this really isn't good! Help please!

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS?
Please try steps suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-with-ttf-font.html) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator Crashing on Start Up

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, downloaded the latest version of Illustrator today, and it just won't boot. Running on a Macbook Pro with i7 and 16gb RAM, and it just keeps saying 'initialising' until it crashes/freezes minutes later. 

I've installed and reinstalled multiple times, restarted my machine multiple times and nothing seems to be doing the trick. I have a fair bit of work to complete, and this really isn't good! Help please!

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS?
Please try steps suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-with-ttf-font.html) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Are there other apps running? 16 GB is recommended for Illustrator. But if other apps are running as well, then you have less free RAM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on Windows 10. What a pain. Illustrator 2021 is completely unusable. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Macreo,

Sorry to hear about this. Please try resetting preferences of the app & let us know if it helps.
**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Resources