Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing update june 2021

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The latest update is causing illustrator to crash whenever i import vector to another file. kindly fix the issue.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

What kind of vector do you import?

Exactly how?

Exactly where are files located?

Does that happen with new files? Or old ones? Or maybe just specific files?

Is there any error message? Or just a crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's iOS system, desktop computer 

normal vector .. not sure what you mean by what kind.

it happens after in move a layer from one file to another when I am resizing it . It suddenly shuts down the app.

files are located in desktop.

it happens randomly.

no error message pops up 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"normal vector" - which file type? Exactly what is it? Just a path? Or a symbol, a live paint group, something that has an effect applied or an envelope or a brush? Whatever? Please describe it as precise as possible.

And do you move a layer? Or a group? Just a path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some files comes from AI some PDF, just normal vector paths. I transfer logos into another file in a map basically. Some of the layers are group layers when I move them.
I tend to keep saving the file whenever I modify so I don't have to keep redoing the process after app crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue. I get "not reponding" whenever I try to open even small files!!! JC! fix please. Some of us have to get work done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue when trying to place a jpg file.. is there a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & Adobe Illustrator? Do you see this behavior while importing specific files or all? Is it related to a specific format? Have you tried resetting preferences of the app? This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines