Highlighted

Illustrator Crashing When Printing (November 2020)

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, and Adobe Illustrator 2021 (v25.0.0) is crashing quite frequently (several times daily). I've noticed it almost always happens after the following sequence of events:

1. I open the print dialogue box via File>Print.

2. I click on 'Setup' to choose the correct printer and preset print options (via the MacOS print dialogue), then click 'Print" (which returns to the Illustrator print dialogue as normal).

3. I then finalize the print operation by clicking 'Print' at the bottom right of the Illustrator print dialogue. After this, the program immediately crashes and closes itself without printing.

I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with the recent HP driver issues that Mac users have been experiencing (I'm printing to an HP M750 everytime it crashes). I did download and install the latest HP driver update, to no avail. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator directly from the Adobe website. Thinking maybe uninstalling and trying the CC Cleaner might be the next step?

Below is the first part of the latest crash report. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Process:               Adobe Illustrator [13330]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator

Identifier:            com.adobe.illustrator

Version:               25.0.0 (25.0.0)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Illustrator [13330]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2020-11-19 11:46:56.814 -0500

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H15)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        B501D344-023B-4DF8-4573-DE4369FDA3F9

Sleep/Wake UUID:       3C954D64-9639-4AD0-B39E-F89F09F315E7

Time Awake Since Boot: 89000 seconds

Time Since Wake:       530 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00003eaddafeaf38

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

Terminating Process:   exc handler [13330]

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator Crashing When Printing (November 2020)

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, and Adobe Illustrator 2021 (v25.0.0) is crashing quite frequently (several times daily). I've noticed it almost always happens after the following sequence of events:

1. I open the print dialogue box via File>Print.

2. I click on 'Setup' to choose the correct printer and preset print options (via the MacOS print dialogue), then click 'Print" (which returns to the Illustrator print dialogue as normal).

3. I then finalize the print operation by clicking 'Print' at the bottom right of the Illustrator print dialogue. After this, the program immediately crashes and closes itself without printing.

I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with the recent HP driver issues that Mac users have been experiencing (I'm printing to an HP M750 everytime it crashes). I did download and install the latest HP driver update, to no avail. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator directly from the Adobe website. Thinking maybe uninstalling and trying the CC Cleaner might be the next step?

Below is the first part of the latest crash report. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Process:               Adobe Illustrator [13330]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator

Identifier:            com.adobe.illustrator

Version:               25.0.0 (25.0.0)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Illustrator [13330]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2020-11-19 11:46:56.814 -0500

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H15)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        B501D344-023B-4DF8-4573-DE4369FDA3F9

Sleep/Wake UUID:       3C954D64-9639-4AD0-B39E-F89F09F315E7

Time Awake Since Boot: 89000 seconds

Time Since Wake:       530 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00003eaddafeaf38

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

Terminating Process:   exc handler [13330]

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has a history of being prissy with printers. So a printer driver may well cause it to crash.

What does HP tell you about the compatiblity of their driver with your operating system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika,

HP's website automatically dictates the driver I should download based upon my OS, so I'm assuming the driver itself is alright, albeit this could definitely be a wrong assumption. I've been using the same Mac & Printer combo for well over a year, and am just now experiencing this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please search their forums and ask their support people.

Their website might just be coded in a way that doesn't detect the system correctly.

You might need to follow a specific uninstall procedure

They might just ignore the Mac platform or not take development for the Mac seriously

Or maybe they have already abandoned that printer

Or whatever. I'm using a Mac as well and could tell lots of stories about printer drivers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Resources