Highlighted

Illustrator crashing while saving the file on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since yestarday my Illustrator has been crashing every time I want to save file, I want to paste element from another file, I want to place something, crop etc. It started all of a sudden.

Since then I tried to:

set my default printer again,

uninstall my wacom tablet,

reinstall the program..

nothing helps.

I am desperate for any help...

( I work on Win10 and Dell laptop)

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator crashing while saving the file on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since yestarday my Illustrator has been crashing every time I want to save file, I want to paste element from another file, I want to place something, crop etc. It started all of a sudden.

Since then I tried to:

set my default printer again,

uninstall my wacom tablet,

reinstall the program..

nothing helps.

I am desperate for any help...

( I work on Win10 and Dell laptop)

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

Regards,

Srishti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only happens after pasting a certain object?

Or any object?

Do you have a clipboard enhancer installed in your system?

What happened when this started? Any update? Windows update?

Did you already restart the computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that Illustrator is crashing on every other action you perform. To help you make this right we would need a few more details like:

• Version of Illustrator
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Crash report: Share information about a crash
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us?
  • Please confirm if you have Suitcase Font application installed on your system? If yes, please remove Extensis font management plug-in from of the Illustrator plug-ins folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2019\Plug-Ins and let us know if that helps.

Have you tried resetting Illustrator preferences? If not, please try following these steps and let us know if that helps:

1. Close all Adobe applications.
  2. Go to Locations C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  3. Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings.old folders
  4. Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Please note resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings.

If resetting preferences helps to resolve the issue, then please share the old folders(Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings.old ) for further investigation. You can zip and upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 1