• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashing with CAD tools update

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open Illustrator theres a box that comes up asking to update CAD tools. It freezes my Illustrator almost immediately. I can't "cancel" or "Download Update" and I need to force quit. It started happening just a day or two ago. If I'm quick enough I can get the box to respond and work in Illustrator. Just a few seconds too late and it freezes up.  Even when I got it to work, downloaded the update and Rebooted Illustrator it starts over again. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. Please try following these steps and let us know how it goes:

• Close Illustrator
  • Try downloading the update manually from https://www.hotdoor.com/download?about
  • If that doesn't help, try deleting this plugin.
  • Go to Applications > Adobe Illustrator 2020 > Plug-ins > CADtools.aip 
  • Drag CADtools.aip to the Trash. 
  • Relaunch Illustrator and see if that helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens on every single CADTools update.

It happened April, May, July, August. It's very annoying because this is my work computer, and I can't just delete and install plugins as I please all the time, without asking the IT help - which is very inconvenient to contact them once a month for the same issue. This CADTools issue needs to be resolved once and for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact hotdoor about this issue. It's their plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines