Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator creats edges that are not there if I export an object

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I work on a book cover with a background that is made of triangles. If I work in Illustrator the triangles aline perfectly and even if I zoom in as far as I can there is no space between two triangles visible. However if I export it no matter if jpeg, png or pdf, the exportet file happens to have white spaces between some triangles (as seen in the image attached). 

Does anyone know why that happens and how I can solve the problem? 

Thanks in advance, Malte 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

When exporting as an image, you could try to set the Anti-aliasing option to Art Optimized (instead of Type Optimized).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Good to hear that helped (but there are some problems reported with jpeg, but png works fine)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are antialiasing artefacts.

You could try and put a brown object in the background to reduce the effect of the antialiasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting as an image, you could try to set the Anti-aliasing option to Art Optimized (instead of Type Optimized).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much beutiful sir! Made my day. Even if I checked in 3 years later 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped (but there are some problems reported with jpeg, but png works fine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines