• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator [CS3 is dead and gone]

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get a replacement version to run on a MacBook Pro.  I had made a one time purchase quite some time ago of about $500.00.  I am now using the laptop and looking for a way to get it loaded up here.  Adobe does not have download links available any longer for that product.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Creative Suite 3 is officially dead.  The activation servers are gone.  Even if you had purchased a CD for Mac when it was still being sold, it would not help you as there is no possible way to activate the software.  Don't bother contacting customer care.  They can't help you.  Creative Suite is no longer supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is on that computer?

Also: the public links are no longer there. Maybe (big maybe) you can get the download from Customer Care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite 3 is officially dead.  The activation servers are gone.  Even if you had purchased a CD for Mac when it was still being sold, it would not help you as there is no possible way to activate the software.  Don't bother contacting customer care.  They can't help you.  Creative Suite is no longer supported.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  This is a scam, run away!  Creative Suite is not legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country now. 

Purchased directly from Adobe, Illustrator CC is by subscription only, approc $21/month for 12 months.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically Adobe is saying stuff you, your investment is now worth nothing.
Find another app to do the job, there are plenty without the ridiculous Adobe tax that are quite effective.

That's what I'llbe doing.

Goodbye Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually not.

If you hadn't replaced your hardware, then you could still use CS3. No issue with that. I have it on my computer. But hardware evolves and operating systems evolve. You probably bought a new machine because your old computer doesn't run that fast anymore. Part of the reason for that is that the operating system still supported 32 bit apps such as Illustrator CS3.

If you are not prepared for replacing all your apps, then don't buy a new computer. None of the apps from the time when CS3 was introduced does run on a current machine. So what was your point about investments again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines