• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS4 error: Object label badly formatted?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone received an error in illustrator CS4: Acrobat PDF File Format is having difficulties. Object label badly formatted? I am ON a mac and cannot open files after this error, help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the updates for Extensis. Opened an old version of my now corrupted doc from Time Machine. After 2 minutes working, Illustrator crashed. I think I am giving up on Extensis after YEARS as a user. Sad day indeed. But, I cannot loose client work or miss deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts cause more problems than anything else. Whatever font app you use, stuff breaks.

But full credit to Extensis for responding by fixing this issue and offering a service for retrieving broken files; and it's still not clear it was their fault! Being on the ball is all one can ask of a software company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't do anything with my fonts before this error came up so I can't speak to that, but I was able to solve this problem by opening the file on a different computer, saving as a new file, and then transferring the new file back to my regular computer. In case this helps anyone at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines