• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS6 clipboard doesn't paste text from other programs, stays 'frozen.'

Participant ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lion Mac Tryout version: After using Illustrator CS6 copy and paste a couple times (just after you start it up), I cannot change the clipboard.

I cannot paste common text in from anywhere. It just pastes again the text from the last time the clipboard worked. I have to restart Illustrator CS6 to get a couple more correct clipboard uses before it repeats the same paste over and over despite what I just copied externally.

I'm having to still use Illustrator CS5.5 because of this. And wonder if updating to the Cloud version will turn off my access to Illustrator CS5.5. Help!

I think I won't be able to upgrade for real if this keeps happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

David Cabestany wrote:

Everyone, adobe released today the update for illustrator CS6 that fixes this issue.

Yes, please update to 16.1 / 16.0.1 respectively as that should resolve the issue as we know it.

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/release-note/illustrator-cs6-0-1-release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unticked save clipboard in Illustrator Preferences - will report back if that helps - just did a restart - will report back if it helped…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know a solution for snow Leopard? I don't have LaunchBar prefs and this issue is making me nuts!!!

Of course it is a bug, regardless of what Wade says.

Oh wait, I was confusing LaunchBar with Mission control in Lion.

I have neither and I am experiencing the same bug. How do f*ck do I fix this in Snow Leopard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the middle of doing the following suggestion, so don't think I'm

being dismissive...can you take an extra drive you have laying around,

install a clean Snow Leopard and CS6 (it's how I'm using my "2nd CS6

copy") on it and see if it still fails?

I'm doing a little of this each day. I'm hoping to get a system on a drive

that's maybe minimal, but working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any drives available, all are clogged with old stuff that will take me too long to even look at, but perhaps you could share with us if it works on a clean drive?

More on the subject, the only thing I installed lately is Default Folder X, but I disabled it a few days ago, could that be the problem?

Best,

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing this with Mountain Lion, so it's (maybe) apples and oranges, but

the cleanliness I think of a new install, might be relevant--i will report

in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I think clean install would help. if you dont want to a clean install then you can try cleaning up your startup items. After you restart your computer, kill the process that seems suspious( it could be a clipboard manager) and then see if copy paste across application works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird weird weird— problem's toatally gone today. I've been copying and pasting stuff from all over the place this morning. I DID upgrade to Suitcase Fusion 4 v15.0.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine behaved yesterday at a client's as well - but I only needed to copy vector images within Ill. it has choked on that before - I was afraid to look each time I made a copy to see it it would paste!

Today will bring another day of uncertainty.

My program started asking me about saving the clipboard information a few days ago - when I took the suggestion offered early on as a possible solution of changing clipboard handling in preferences.

S

```````````````````````````

sharon cooper

creative art link

creative art mix limited

hong kong:

852 2975-9337 direct

852 6199-9337 mobile

852 2975-9607 fax

usa:

1 917 775-9809 direct

1 917 549-9990 mobile

online:

www.creativeartlink.com

www.creativeartmix.com

sc@creativeartlink.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem. For me, disabling popclip solved it. From the comments made by others, it appears as though Illustrator CS6 doesn't play nice with other utilities that interact with the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same problem. Here is what seemed to fix it for me:

Since it was keeping text that I had copied from Illustrator on the clipboard no matter what I copied from other programs I tried copying text from within Illustrator and pasting it within another program. This worked and afterwards I was once again able to copy/paste from other programs back into Illustrator. Not sure why that would do it, but copy/paste is working fine for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly easier than quitting the program and restarting!

Will try it and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me…

S

sharon cooper

creative art link

creative art mix limited

hong kong:

852 2975-9337 direct

852 6199-9337 mobile

852 2975-9607 fax

usa:

1 917 775-9809 direct

1 917 549-9990 mobile

online:

www.creativeartlink.com

www.creativeartmix.com

sc@creativeartlink.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it you now know the cause of the problem and still won't address or accept the cause.

Get rid of the software causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted a couple other things I had previously quite and found that Quickeys was also problematic. If I started up Quickeys it had the problem again. Turning off Quickeys the problem, but I can get rid of it without restarting by:

1. Quit Quickeys
  2. Copy within Illustrator
  3. Paste outside Illustrator
  4. Copy outside of Illustrator
  5. Paste within Illustrator

There may be another issue of course, but when everything else is working the problem seems to reappear when all I do is restart Quickeys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the things Quickeys can do is clipboard manipulations, so it does fit in with what some others are saying on this post. I would guess though that there are probably several apps that can cause the problem. You might try quiting all your other running programs then add them back in until you find the problem reappears. Then you can try fix I mentioned to get it working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to share that we are aware of this issue and our engineers have been working on some changes to help workaround the behavior from the third party clipboard managers.

At this time we can pretty much recommend either not using the clipboard managers or making sure you keep Illustrator up to date when we make any dot releases to the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is a daily thing for me, thank you for writing. For me it was Quickeys. I'm in the middle of reprogramming almost 300 macros, the fact that you are working on it is great!

--

Randy Miller

Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know this issue is also happening in After effects CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - really good to know that Adobe is aware of and working on this.

You did notice (I hope) that many of the people experiencing this do not have 3rd party clipboards installed at all.

When I removed mine - it made no difference in Illustator's inability to let go of its clipboard information until quitting it - at which point it asks if I want to keep my clipboard information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact problem with Fireworks and Illustrator CS6 in my Retina Macbook Pro. I had a third party tool called "Get Plain Text" installed that was causing my problem and as soon as I closed it out both programs worked as they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue which was indredibly irritating but since upgrading to Mountain Lion it appears to have gone away. Still using iClip and Alfred with Illustrator and no copy and paste issues anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mountain Lion, hmmmmm, interesting.

How's that working for you with the rest of the system? I heard so many bad things about Lion, that I decided to stay on Snow Leopard because everything seemed to be stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lion was the worst Mac ever - Mountain Lion has gone a long way toward making it useable again.

Mail search works again - don't have to quit mail because it is stuck 3x daily

Folders actually open and show you their contents (what a concept) without making you wait endlessly.

Snow Leopard was still a smooth favorite - but Mountain Lion is close - even tho it didn't solve my Illustrator issues. Worth a try just keep a bootable back-up in case you find you need a no longer supported program that was dropped - for an emergency repair.

S

sharon cooper

creative art link

creative art mix limited

hong kong:

852 2975-9337 direct

852 6199-9337 mobile

852 2975-9607 fax

usa:

1 917 775-9809 direct

1 917 549-9990 mobile

online:

www.creativeartlink.com

www.creativeartmix.com

sc@creativeartlink.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I heard about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone, adobe released today the update for illustrator CS6 that fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines