• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS6 clipboard doesn't paste text from other programs, stays 'frozen.'

Participant ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lion Mac Tryout version: After using Illustrator CS6 copy and paste a couple times (just after you start it up), I cannot change the clipboard.

I cannot paste common text in from anywhere. It just pastes again the text from the last time the clipboard worked. I have to restart Illustrator CS6 to get a couple more correct clipboard uses before it repeats the same paste over and over despite what I just copied externally.

I'm having to still use Illustrator CS5.5 because of this. And wonder if updating to the Cloud version will turn off my access to Illustrator CS5.5. Help!

I think I won't be able to upgrade for real if this keeps happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

David Cabestany wrote:

Everyone, adobe released today the update for illustrator CS6 that fixes this issue.

Yes, please update to 16.1 / 16.0.1 respectively as that should resolve the issue as we know it.

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/release-note/illustrator-cs6-0-1-release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

I have more workarounds than I thought possible - not showing up in my auto-updates yet…

Thank you for the heads up!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And after all the heated discussion here that *Adobe had no issues to fix!

Naturally it happens days after I rewrote 300 macros to get around this.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rmdtulsa wrote:

And after all the heated discussion here that *Adobe had no issues to fix!

Naturally it happens days after I rewrote 300 macros to get around this.*

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=26382038lulz

-----------------------------

I've just updated, seems ok so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading now - fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David Cabestany wrote:

Everyone, adobe released today the update for illustrator CS6 that fixes this issue.

Yes, please update to 16.1 / 16.0.1 respectively as that should resolve the issue as we know it.

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/release-note/illustrator-cs6-0-1-release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks! Now if they would just fix the problem in Photoshop, After Effects, and InDesign I would be very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only experienced it on After Effects (besides Illustrator). Did you get the exact same behavior in Photoshop and InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, all 4 apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not copy & paste in Photoshop enough to have seen it there - so no not in Photoshop (don't really use the others) my problem in Photoshop was the constant freezing - which I seem to have cured by unchecking its autosave in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initially I had a problem with CS6 where AI, FL and FW wouldn't launch but I traced it down to a bad/old font I had installed. I guess Montain Lion and CS6 combined are less forgiving about old postcript fonts than previous systems. So you might want to bare that in mind.

Anyhoo that was the only glitch, it's been pretty sweet, I don't have much use for the new apps like Reminders and Notes as I prefer Things and Simplenote but if anything it runs smoother on my Retina Mac. Performance with Retina and Lion was a bit shaky and I think Apple rushed Retina out when they probably should have waited to launch it with Mountain Lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator has been upgraded to the 16.0.1 and there is no change to the fact that Illustrator is having serious issues with cut-and-paste and clipboard. I am using the cut-and-paste technique to base new charts existing in Excel. CS5.5 works perfectly; CS6 does not (albiet some times it works okay). Today I have built 12 new charts and the cut-and-paste issue arose only on the last two. Same Excel file. Has done this since upgrading to CS6. The upgrade notes for 16.0.1 seem to refer to issues with third party software. I have a standard CS6 installation on iMac, 8GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, all latest CS upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another in the LONG list of bizarre "features" in Adobe products.

I've found a work around to this with text in a text box in Illustrator NOT copying out to ANY third party program as anything other than an image.

Copy the text, create a new text box on the same page in Illustrator, paste it in.  Now copy this text, paste it into the address bar of any internet browser, now select all this text in the address bar of your browswer and copy it all, and NOW paste it where you really want it -> plain text! 

Yew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running: Mac OS 10.8

Applciation: Abobe Illustrator CS6 (16.0)*

I was experiencing this problem too.  I could not copy screenshots (SHIFT + OPTION + ⌘ + 4) into Illustrator.  Insrtead, when I hit CMD (⌘) + V, Ilustrator would paste in the last object/text that I had copied in Illustrator.

I do run PTHPasteboard (aweseom BTW!!) for a clipboard utility, however I have been using PTH for about 5 years without incident.  Only Illustrator WAS experiencing this problem.

*I was able to fix the problem by updating to the latest version of Illustrator which is 16.2.1.  It appears that 16.x has the clipboard bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the subscription based Illustrator? I have 16.0.4 and it the updater manager shows no updates available. I have a purchased copy on my computer, not subscription based.

Also on a side note, you have the shortcut wrong, to take a screenshot nd have it automatically saved to the desktop you need to hold ⌘+SHIFT+4; if you want to keep it on the clipboard and paste it directly in Illustrator (or any other program) you need to add CTRL to the combo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, subscription based.

Jono

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Thought I'd share my discovery on the copy and paste issues with adobe Illustrator.  I was working on this same issue for over a week before I discovered the problem.  I'm sure not everyone here will have the same result as mine but it might help a few others. I support a large corporation were everyone is on a domain and we have several layers of security, configurations, etc.  And so the issue for us was caused by one of our security application called Digital Guardian a.k.a DG.  DG support had to be contacted and they gave us a solution.  However since I'm not the admin of our DG system, I don't know actually what they did to resolve this.  But if any of you are in a corp/domain environment where you may have DG, be sure to check with them.  I discovered DG was the problem by removing DG from a user's system, then copy and paste started working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

make sure u have the short cut for "past" Ctrl+v  set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines