• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS6 conflict with Wacom tablets

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Our studio has just upgraded to CS6 and my colleague and I are experiencing selection problems in AI with our Wacom tablets. I'm using an Intuos 3 and she is using an Intuos 5, we both updated our tablet drivers this morning to try and fix the problem but no joy.

Basically what happens is a 'lag' when releasing the pen from the tablet to what happens on-screen. I select items in Illustrator by dragging a marquee around them with my Wacom pen and releasing, leaving the items selected. However when I do this in CS6, there is a noticeable delay between my release of the pen and the release of the marquee on screen, which leads to mass frustration when it ends up selecting the wrong things, or additional items. It's almost as if the pen is 'sticking' to the screen when I do this (if that makes sense). It's highly annoying!

My colleague has a similar issue with the magnifying tool in that she selects it, clicks and drags to zoom and then when she releases the pen the tool keeps working until about half a second after the release from the tablet.

We are both running powerful HP Workstations with 6GB RAM (Windows 7 64Bit), and CS5 worked like a dream so I know it isn't a tablet or RAM issue.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? As I said we have updated our tablet drivers and are running the latest CS6 update, so we're stumped.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem for me - Intuos 4, Windows 8 - had it in CS6 and still in CC, just put up with it until now but thought I should look for a solution.  Very poor of Wacom/Adobe not providing a solution, depending on who's side the fault lies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Wacom Intuous 3 with Illustrator CS6 and was having the same problem, raysubk's solution worked for me as well.

View > Rulers > Show Video Rulers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me a while but here it is...

1-Click on the start menu in windows

2-In the search box type "Services" and select the option that appears in the menu.

3-in the Services window that opens, search for the "Wacom Professional Service" and select it

4- on the left, select "Stop the service" and the re-start it... and that should do...

WARNING

If you re-start your computer, this issue may happen again and you will have to do all these steps again.... I hope this helps. May God bless you guys.... 🙂

Graphic1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this fix doesn't seem to work for me either

(see my other post above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks! This helped with my illustrator-wacom communication problem when none of the other fixes I had found worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling "use windows ink" for Illustrator in the Wacom driver panel seems to work. Other suggestions I got from Wacom here:http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17975&p=64266#p64266

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this not by the answer chosen but by deleting my tablet preferences. Did this:

Go to: C:\Program Files\Tablet\Wacom\32\prefutil.exe

and then click on Remove

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you nee to do is just update your cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone having difficulties with their curser jumping? I don't have the sticking, I have it jumping - everywhere. Once Illustrator is open it affects all programs and my laptop trackpad. I have upgraded my CC and wacom drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just post this to the wacom website like I did today. Usually they are pretty good at answering and you will probably see some kind of solution in the next patch. But you will have to wait of course. Wacom Forum - Wacom Europe GmbH • View topic - Intuous3/Pro disables other input devices

vancouver mls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had issues with the stylus getting "stuck" only in Illustrator. Other applications were all fine. I contacted their help and while it took a few days for them to respond, it fixed my problems!

Go to:

Applications > Wacom Table > Wacome Tablet Utility > Backup settings, then his "Remove" to remove all preferences.

For me, the issue was that the preference file got corrupted. This fixed it. So happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking in to add data.  I am also having this issue.

Intuos Pen & Touch Medium.

Late 2013 Imac. Yosemite 10.10

Adobe products, all CS6.

I have resorted to just using the touch function only, in place of my pen.  When I use the pen it hangs up and won't respond to key board or intuos input, pen or touch.  If it lags, I have to move my apple trackpad to make it unstick. Yosemite was updated yesterday to 10.10.  I uninstalled everything related to Wacom/Intuos, restarted the computer, installed the Intuos and everything seemed to working.  Until I actually put the pen down to work and it hung up.  Hope we find a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  That's equally nuts. 

I have noticed more details about my situation.  If the pen leaves the area of the tablet while using any tool, it freezes the icon to that tool.  You can move the icon, but that is it, no changes, no clicking on any other buttons, nothing but movement.  Also, all pinch zoom on all input devices fails, all keyboard shortcuts are disabled.

If you change tools, it will unlock and all of the movements, selections, shortcuts, zooms, etc. all happen one after another, with no way to stop it.  When it is done, you can begin again, but the same will happen if you leave the area of the tablet with any tool on.  I have been using my apple mouse and shortcuts with my left and keeping the pen in the square with my right. 

Yet another oddity.  When you tilt the pen in hand to pinch zoom on the tablet, it rotates the artboard, then freezes up, as above. 

I have not read down any further yet, but I hope there is a remedy for this soon.  Let me know If I can give any more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this the issue you are having??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the problem I've got on Windows, that's an even more awesome bug! Illustrator is the biggest lemon in the Adobe Fruit Bowl. Surely someone in would think to test it thoroughly with digitizers. You don't have some whacky snap setting? (just pondering what a massive grid snap or smart-snapping tolerance might do...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeffrozman‌ I've been having this issue that you've presented in that video ever since I've had some system updates yesterday. It only happens on my Cintiq window, everything's fine on my mac window. Were you able to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

artmac85‌ yo

apple/wacom/adobe have to figure this out. i spent 6(+) hours talking with the 3 of them directly. the problem is from apple - the glitch is across all adobe illustrators running on yosemite 10.10.2, i had to get out my external harddrive with my time machine on it and restore my mac from the last backup before i upgraded to 10.10.2.

short answer: youll have to downgrade to 10.10.1 or before. its lame but it works.

feel free to message me and i can give you more details, i feel your pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer! Unfortunately I don't have my Time Machine backup. Does anyone know if there's any other way to downgrade to Yosemite 10.10.1 or 10.10.0? I wanted to just reinstall the system but the App Store version is 10.10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with sticky click, when using Photoshop. Is a shame, and a waste of time and patience.

Forget you mobile, I do the Poc
Loose your phone, I do the shot.
Book in... Signature
Tch2Chg C.H. & Advertising concepts outsourcing
Moslty sketches or line starters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem and try everything you said, the only thing that solved it was unchecking the option that says use pen with windows entry or sth like that (in pen option - projection), cuz i have it in spanish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same 'ol 'ol. Except, not ONLY was the Illustrator toolbar completely not working, it basically just made Illustrator not work in general, for the most part. Even after I unplugged the tablet, things were still sketchy just using my trackpad. After a few experiments, it was clearly a case of Adobe / Wacom / Yosemite not getting along. Good times.

I tried deleting the preferences that someone suggested earlier (Went to Applications / WacomTablet /Wacom Tablet Utility / Remove) and that helped clear up the residue sketchiness. Going to leave the Wacom unplugged until someone cares enough to fix this shiz....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm getting lag before selection in Windows 8.1 - it's all up to date. I've also had the rotate tool "stick" to the cursor, so I can't actually place it and rotate an object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a.kdhfglkadnglkjdahflkgha schrieb:

Now I'm getting lag before selection in Windows 8.1 - it's all up to date. I've also had the rotate tool "stick" to the cursor, so I can't actually place it and rotate an object.

Is that a touch enabled tablet? Try and turn the touch off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't have any touch, however I did just find a solution - turning off GPU performance seems to have fixed both of the problems I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines