• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS6 Interface Font Changed to Italic

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have somehow managed to change some of the fonts to italic on my Illustrator CS6 interface and it's really difficult to read. Is there a shortcut or something to change it back? I've had a look through the preferences but can't seem to find anything. 

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to zoom in your capture, but I do not see any italics.

maybe if you just capture that area of the interface showing it,...

Anyway, just restore Preferences.

Other cause, could be you have played with the Windows fonts used on the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added a couple of examples to my original post. Just tried to restore the preferences but had no change. I've also noticed that it's affecting Photoshop too but not InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And haven't played with the Windows fonts 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system are talking about? Illustrator CS6 is not fully comaptibe with Windows 10. Anything might happen there and you won't be able to fix it?

Did you play around in the system? Did you delete fonts from the system? Even ones you think you don't need? Again: after an update the system might have removed some by itself. Or not installed from the beginning.

Do you run a font management? Which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system is Windows 10, no font management software and haven't deleted any fonts or played around in the system. The last Windows update that I can see was about a week ago but this only happened yesterday. I had been working in Illustrator and everything was normal. I went to save my file using Ctrl+Shift+S but didn't hit the keys right the first time, did it again and that's when I noticed the italic text in the saving PDF dialog. Thought that I might of accidentally actioned a shortcut but have searched everywhere and can't find anything 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not caused by a "wrong shortcut". There is no setting or preference that causes this. It's related to system incompatibilities, missing fonts, or fonts missing from your system. If you are lucky, you can reset it by resetting the preferences, but given your system I don't know if I would even try that. If you want: move the folder as described in here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey did you ever figure out how to fix this? I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No offense, but why are you still using CS6?

Do not get me wrong.... I get it.  If you bought it, then you feel obligated to stay with it. 

CS6 was released in 2012.

I can tell you there have been so many updates and new features since then.  It would blow your mind.  Seriously... I am not pushing you to just get the Creative Cloud subscription.  But you are missing out on some amazing things that would change your workflow and increase your speed.

Just something to think about.  Unless your computer is older and can not run newer versions.  Then I get it.  But then I would start to consider getting a new computer... as every software from every company will lack true support and further updates.

Again just something to consider. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines